Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's Cranch Time


So... I found myself here again. It's been a long month or so, I have gone through every emotion a person can go through and then some. I miss CO, Lisa, Meaghan, Kim, my life in CO and just being the Mar that my friends know. But all and all I am hanging in there. I know a lot of others in my life are going through harder times than I. I think about all of you everyday and wish I was near you to help you through your hardtimes. Just remember I am only a phone call away and really would love to talk with or just listen to you about your problems. It's the least I can do since everyone in my life has always been there to listen to my problems.
There is a lot to fill everyone in on but I just got back from a long weekend in Jersey City/NYC with the fam. Samira graduated from Rutgers Law, she is now Samira Afzali JD. Soon to be Samira Afzali Shirazi JD. It was a very long weekend with events and plans to attend and I think my future brother-in-law was overwhelmed with all the Afzali's in one apartment. All though we are sisters, each and everyone of us have different personalities and strong ones at that. Which is good, but a lot to take in at times. Family events are always a lot to take in but in the end it is always hard to say good bye to eachother. We have made a pact to live near eachother in the future or by the time Samira and Rooz decide to start having kids. But that won't be for another 2 years or so. The wedding is set for June 19, 2009 in Burbank California. We are all excited for the first wedding in the Family but of course overwhelmed at the thought of really getting in there and planning. As Maid of Honor, I am being told I have a big part in helping plan and decorate and so on for the big day. Its going to be an Iranian ceremony but not religious which is going to be interesting to witness since my parents to have faith in the muslim religion but all of us look at our faith in a different way than our parents. Stay tuned to find out what happens.
New things happening in my life.... I work for my mom at her dental office. I'm a Dental Assistant, it sounds amazing doesn't it? It's not as bad as my internship last year so that's always good. It also allows me to study for the DAT and make some money on the side until I can just devote 40 hour weeks without anyother responsibilities. It is nice to not have to worry about completing a certain amount of hours but dental assistants only have so much they can do. For now it will do and hopefully in Aug I will be doing something more interesting. Whatelse, I get to talk with Lisa every couple of weeks which is nice since it takes 3 weeks to a month to recieve her letters. But by the time phone calls roll around I forget what to talk to her about.

Sorry Pants I try to keep it cranchy but I forget what to tell you and half the time I am already out of it when 12 am rolls around to talk to you. We need to figure out a better system, schedule phone dates would be great if you had a ligite work schedule. But I usually catch you up in the letters and it is always fun to write to you.
I really don't have a whole lot else going on with me right now, just trying to get a high score on my DAT so I can just be over with this nightmare and go travel. Its summertime and its hot humid and sticky in KS. I don't know about what it's like for everyone else around the states but at times I just want to crawl out of my skin. But you know NO complaints here.


Penelope is doing well, she has adapted to being at home and gets along with everyone in the house. At times she just looks at me like why are we still here, which at times I look at her the same way.

Well I guess this is it for now...I just wanted to get something on here so Lisa, friends and fam would see something new up. I miss you all and hope you are all in good health and good company.

Till next time Peace....

Mamassi/Mar/Mary/Boots


The picture I have included is my sisters & I at Samira's Graduation.

F.Y.I
Currently listening to DeVotchKa



1 comment:

Lisa B. said...

Burbank Cali??!! You can go to the Price is Right!!!
I am glad you are liking Devotchka
and Little P looks damn fine, if i must say so myself
i miss you
Portland? Good town, so i hear, but i may have too strong a connection to it if you know what i mean...
Love,
Pants