Well the summer has come & gone. I guess I didn't find the time out there to update all of you what is going on in my life. Well I guess I better start with my exam, it went well and I am done with all my applications for Dental School. I got everything done a month ago and now am playing the famous waiting game of waiting upon admissions offices to
contact me. Well that's that don't really want to go into much detail about that.
I guess the highlights of summer both happened in CO. An unexpected visitor, would be the first. As you all probably know by now, my dear BFF came back for a short visit. I was fortunate enough to be able to fly into CO, to see her. I'm not going to lie it was hard to even be in CO and on top of that to see Lisa. It sounds as if she is my lover, haha. A little piece of my mother died with that comment. But in all seriousness, it was a difficult trip for all of us. I guess I should just speak for myself, I don't regret going. It was what I needed, I needed to see friends, family, CSU, and CO for that matter. It was as if we never left and time stood still. I can only imagine how strange and different it must have felt for Lisa. I loved being with the ones that had become my family over the last 5 years but at the same time I knew it wasn't right. Lisa belonged in Africa, after all from day one of meeting her this had been her goal. Sarah needed time to just figure it all out, what life was after college. Jon with his family and I with my family until my next chapter in my life will beginning. At times we would sit in silence, maybe it was just me thinking it but I couldn't believe that all of us were all in the same place. Well the weekend went by fast and it came time for me to say farewell one more time. I knew what was to come and tried to put on a happy face because this time she had a home to go back to in Africa. But as always in Mar style I cried. But it was a happy cry b/c as we said "I'll see you, when I see you!" I never got to say it there but I truly appreciate the Moody & Lisa's family for letting me be a part of her visit. It meant a lot to me to sit at the dinner table with all of you and be part of your family. All of you have done so much for me over the years, I love you all very much.
contact me. Well that's that don't really want to go into much detail about that.I guess the highlights of summer both happened in CO. An unexpected visitor, would be the first. As you all probably know by now, my dear BFF came back for a short visit. I was fortunate enough to be able to fly into CO, to see her. I'm not going to lie it was hard to even be in CO and on top of that to see Lisa. It sounds as if she is my lover, haha. A little piece of my mother died with that comment. But in all seriousness, it was a difficult trip for all of us. I guess I should just speak for myself, I don't regret going. It was what I needed, I needed to see friends, family, CSU, and CO for that matter. It was as if we never left and time stood still. I can only imagine how strange and different it must have felt for Lisa. I loved being with the ones that had become my family over the last 5 years but at the same time I knew it wasn't right. Lisa belonged in Africa, after all from day one of meeting her this had been her goal. Sarah needed time to just figure it all out, what life was after college. Jon with his family and I with my family until my next chapter in my life will beginning. At times we would sit in silence, maybe it was just me thinking it but I couldn't believe that all of us were all in the same place. Well the weekend went by fast and it came time for me to say farewell one more time. I knew what was to come and tried to put on a happy face because this time she had a home to go back to in Africa. But as always in Mar style I cried. But it was a happy cry b/c as we said "I'll see you, when I see you!" I never got to say it there but I truly appreciate the Moody & Lisa's family for letting me be a part of her visit. It meant a lot to me to sit at the dinner table with all of you and be part of your family. All of you have done so much for me over the years, I love you all very much.

Secondly, after I returned from Co. I went back to work for a week and then again needed to leave b/c Meaghan & Dan were getting married. It was a beautiful day, Meaghan looked absolutley beautiful & I have never seen Daniel look so happy. My vacation started at the Winckler residents in Longmont, with of course Marley & Lola. It actually wasn't weird to be in their house, it was as if they were already married. Which everyone that knows them would have probably agreed. I always joke that by moving home, I have had the time to improve my cooking & cleaning skills. I wanted to show Meg, so I grilled for her and Dan. She was worried that I didn't know what I was doing, but quickly realized that I was more capable than meets the eye. I know deep down one day she will be an amazing cook but if you ever want a great cup of coffee Meaghan is your gal. To wishful thinking maybe one day in the far far future I will be a housewife. One thing I did realize was, I would really love to one day live close to the Wincklers. They are just that couple that always makes you happy and make you want what they have. I just love both of them so much and couldn't be happier for them. After, their wedding I spent time with old friends. I was lucky enough to be able to hang out with Emily, my micro lab partner turned friend. Which in the science world it's very rare to find a friend in lab. But after spilling a few bacteria we learned to love eachothers flaws. Afterwards I got to spend time with another lab partner turned friend, Natalie. Who after 5 years still calls me Miss Mary. Which is weird b/c I use to curse like no other in college. I promised my mother after I earned my BS I would no longer swear, only on special occassions. I had a great time with Natalie and enjoyed getting to know her lovely BF. There were ups & downs but for the most part it was a great vacation. I'm not going to lie, I really just wanted to get home. It had been emotionally & physically exhausting. I learned a lot from my trip and realized that some things never change, it's the people who change. I think that I might just be one of those people. Thank you to all who for making time to see me and taking care of me while I was in CO. I had so much fun will all of you and hope to see you all soon. I miss all of you!
That's pretty much it in a nut shell, next time I will keep it a little more exciting.
Till next time Peace...
Mar
That's pretty much it in a nut shell, next time I will keep it a little more exciting.
Till next time Peace...
Mar
No comments:
Post a Comment